Is Fairtrade the way to address poverty in the Global South?
Lecture Theatre 061, Lecture Centre,
Opposing Speaker – Chris Davis, Director of Producer Partnerships, Fairtrade Foundation
Chair – Joe Greenwood, Democratic Support Co-ordinator, Union of Brunel Students
The format will be that of a public debate:
- Each speaker will be given 5 minutes to introduce themselves and put their case in relation to the title;
- Each speaker will be given 2 minutes to respond to the points made by the opposing speaker;
- The debate will be opened to points from the floor, which will be taken in batches of 3, and may take the form of questions or brief points directed to one or both of the speakers;
- Each speaker will be given the opportunity to respond to each set of 3 questions or points raised from the floor;
- Following points from the floor each speaker will be given 2 minutes to summarise their position in relation to the title before the event is brought to a close.